The National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), the governing body for ACH, has from time to time rolled out new features to broaden ACH’s appeal across channels, most recently faster, same-day transaction processing services. Mercator Advisory Group’s latest research report, Same-Day ACH Debit’s Debut, examines the impact that Same Day ACH (SDA) is having on the payments market.
“ACH, a stalwart among payment types, has again created greater utility by adding a new feature, namely faster transaction processing options. How Same Day ACH fits in among other types of more rapid payment options and how relative market pricing evolves will be critical to users and providers,” commented Sarah Grotta, Director, Debit Advisory Service at Mercator Advisory Group, author of the report.
This report has 13 pages and 3 exhibits.
One of the exhibits included in this report:
- A review the initial results of the launch of same-day credits, rolled out last year
- Discussion of the most common use cases that have emerged from the introduction of SDA credits
- Prediction of the likely uses of ACH debits, made available on September 15, 2017
- Analysis of the impact SDA may have on other legacy payment methods, including wire transfers
- Consideration of the fraud concerns inherent with SDA
- Conclusions regarding SDA’s impact on real-time payment initiatives
Learn More About This Report & Javelin
Consumers have been accustomed to making easy payments however they shop, whether in physical stores or online. That growing appetite for immediate, easy-to-execute payments will d...
Amid the ever-shifting payments landscape, debit also stands to be transformed by changing regulations and shifting consumer habits. New routing regulations could have an impact on...
With the recent launch of FedNow, as well as the continued presence of The Clearing House’s RTP network, instant payments are poised to transform money movement in the United State...