2022 Identity Protection Service Provider Scorecard
- Date:February 23, 2022
- Tracy Kitten
- Alexander Franks
- Report Details: 43 pages, 20 graphics
- Research Topic(s):
- Fraud & Security
- Fraud Management
- PAID CONTENT
This year, for the first time, Javelin Strategy & Research has broken its Identity Protection Service Scorecard into two assessments—the usual evaluation of those IDPS providers selling directly to consumers (B2C) and also a separate rating for those providers focused on the business-to-business market (B2B). The B2B market is of increasing value, with consumers looking to financial institutions and financial services providers to offer IDPS services free of charge. The two spaces also have different products, requiring different evaluations.
The scorecard, which takes in 17 IDPS providers evaluated by Javelin, measures the offerings in 101 criteria across three categories: prevention, detection, and resolution. This year, Equifax emerged as Best in Class in the B2C space, and Allstate was named Best in Class in the B2B category.
Key questions discussed in this report:
- What IDPS features and functionality are the most valuable to consumers?
- Which providers most closely align with consumers’ needs and desires where IDPS is concerned?
- What features should more IDPS providers include or offer?
- Why is the B2B IDPS offering becoming an increasingly valuable channel to better reach and protect consumers?
- AllClear ID, provider of AllClear ID Pro (B2C)
- Allstate Identity Protection Premier (B2C) and Allstate Identity Protection Pro+ (B2B)
- Aura, provider of Aura Ultimate Family (B2C and B2B)
- Credit Sesame, provider of Credit Sesame Platinum Protection (B2C)
- Equifax, provider of ID Watchdog Premium and ID Watchdog Platinum Plus (B2C and B2B)
- Experian, provider of IdentityWorks Premium and IDnotify (B2C and B2B)
- FICO, provider of myFICO Premier (B2C)
- Identity Defense, provider of Identity Defense Complete (B2C)
- IDIQ, provider of IdentityIQ Secure Max (B2C)
- IDShield, provider of IDShield (B2C)
- IDX, formerly ID Experts, provider of IDX Privacy Complete (B2C and B2B)
- Iris Global Identity & Cyber Protection, powered by Generali, provider of Iris OnWatch (B2B)
- NortonLifelock, formerly Symantec, provider of Norton360 with LifeLock Ultimate Plus (B2C and B2B)
- Sigma Loyalty Group, formerly Finastra, provider of ID Assist (B2C)
- Sontiq, provider of IdentityForce UltraSecure+Credit and IdentityForce UltraSecure Premium Family (B2C and B2B)
- Tenerity, formerly CXLoyalty, provider of PrivacyGuard - Total Protection (B2C)
- TransUnion, provider of myTrueIdentity (B2C and B2B)
Interested In This Report
2023 Identity Fraud Study: The Butterfly Effect
Over the 20 years Javelin Strategy & Research has been performing its landmark Identity Fraud Study, much has changed, including the emergence of an entire industry devoted to vari...
In Check Fraud, Everything Old Is New Again
For a payment vehicle that is fading away, paper checks sure are getting a lot of attention from criminals. Suspicious-activity reports to FinCEN, the Financial Crimes Enforcement ...
More Cyber Lessons for Digital Bankers: It’s All About Trust
Some banking customers just do not trust the internet and are not comfortable using it. They trust their banks, though, and this presents an enormous opportunity for FIs to engage ...