Analytics Innovations for Business Users Show Promise in Banking
- Date:November 11, 2015
- Ed O'Brien
- PAID CONTENT
In this research note, Analytics Innovations for Business Users Show Promise in Banking, Mercator Advisory Group examines the important role that new analytics and data management solutions can play in financial institutions’ efforts to better understand and serve their banking customers.
“There is democratization of sorts occurring in the industry and driving exciting and important changes. New solutions that include data visualization make it far easier than ever for business users to initiate queries and run initial test-and-learn models by themselves with the assistance of quantitative experts,” comments Ed O’Brien, Director of Mercator Advisory Group’s Banking Channels Advisory Service and author of the research note.
This research note is 8 pages long and has 2 exhibits.
Companies mentioned in this research note include ACI Worldwide, CO-OP Financial Services, D+H, FICO, FIS, Fiserv, IBM, Jack Henry & Associates, Microsoft, Microstrategy, Oracle, SAP, SAS, and Vantiv.
Highlights of this research note include:
- Banks’ recognition of the power of analytics as they move beyond simple reports
- The market for analytics tools that are more robust, faster, and easier to use than was previously available
- Techniques available for faster and more robust modeling, data manipulation, testing, and execution
- Solutions examples and their benefits
- Levels of expertise required to use various analytics tools