2016 ATM Market Benchmark Report
- Date:October 18, 2016
- Ed O'Brien
- Research Topic(s):
- PAID CONTENT
ATMs have evolved over the past half-century from a basic cash withdrawal appliance to the foundation of today’s self-service banking. In new research, 2016 ATM Market Benchmark Report, Mercator Advisory Group reviews how the ATM, mobile banking, and mobile payments are converging for ever-more convenient customer interaction with banks and credit unions.
Cross-channel features have been deployed as well as expanded interoperability with various front- and back-office systems. This report describes examples such as mobile prestaging of cardless ATM cash withdrawals, the potential for person-to-person (P2P) and account-to-account (A2A) transfers, EMV readers, NFC capabilities, and broader systems monitoring capabilities. The report discusses the penetration of these features in ATMs around the world.
This report is 24 pages long and has 16 exhibits.
Organizations mentioned in this report include: Accel, AllianceOne, Bank of America, Credit Union 24, JP Morgan Chase, Cardtronics, CO-OP Financial Services, Diebold, Elan MoneyPass, NCR, Payments Alliance International, PULSE Select, STAR/FirstData, SUM/FIS, Wells Fargo, and Wincor Nixdorf.
One of the exhibits included in this report:
Highlights of this report include:
- Comparison of rates of ATM growth in various world regions
- Market share of leading ATM deployers in the U.S. by type
- Examples of advanced ATM capabilities being deployed
- Mercator Advisory Group CustomerMonitor Survey results on trends in U.S. consumers’ ATM use, including use of their own banks’ ATMs versus other ATMs and other means of getting cash; frequency of ATM use; use of mobile deposit; willingness to pay for ATM convenience; willingness to try teller-assisted videoconferencing
- Various strategies in use to provide customers surcharge-free access to ATMs
- Discussion of the need for condition monitoring and application performance monitoring
Interested In This Report
Expanding The Use of Prepaid for Underserved Communities
Prepaid cards continue to emerge as effective tools to address the financial needs of underbanked communities and cater to the particular requirements of developing underserved com...
Where Will the FIS Spin-Off Leave Worldpay?
Financial technology company FIS brought in merchant acquiring titan Worldpay in 2019 for $43 billion, including nearly $8 billion in debt. That move came during a spree of megadea...
Open Banking Pushes Interoperability to the Payments Forefront
Thanks to open banking, interoperability has become a foundational building block of the modern financial services industry. This has led to product development that makes it easie...