- Where do business owners hold their personal accounts, and how do they manage them?
- To what extent are businesses commingling with personal funds?
- How many small business owners would like to view and manage their personal finances alongside their business finances?
- What is the state of aggregation in small business banking? What are the arguments for investment in aggregation across personal and small business accounts?
- What set of products and services can bankers develop to enable and encourage business customers to consolidate their personal accounts at the same FI?
- What are the education challenges for the newest small business owners looking to separate their personal and business activities?
The small business data in this report are based on information collected in a random-sample panel of 1,000 small and micro businesses in a February 2016 online survey. Javelin defines microbusinesses as those with annual revenue between $100,000 and $1 million and small businesses as those with revenue between $1 million and $10 million.
The consumer data in this report are based on information collected in a random-sample panel of 10,639 consumers in a May 2016 online survey.